Delicious chocolate wafers that will literally melt in your mouth. A must have for kids lunches and grownups too!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 2 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa and salt. Mix well.
- Cream together the butter and vanilla until softened then slowly add the sugar. Beat well.
- Add the beaten eggs and cream again.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and continue to mix until everything is incorporated fully.
- Drop by a teaspoon onto a cookie sheet. They will spread so place them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven for 12 – 15 minutes.
Approx. 7 dozen wafers