Tastes great just served alone though some added vegetables on the side would be a good addition.
Cooking Time: 50 mins
- 125g/4oz chunky Bacon
- ½ medium Brown Onion
- 50g/2oz frozen Mixed Pepper
- ¼ can Chopped Tomato
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Handful fresh or frozen Chips
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Adjust if using a fan-assisted oven according to the instructions for your model.
- Dice the bacon into bite sized pieces. About 1cm/½in is the best size.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Set the oil to heat in a large fry pan.
- Put the bacon, onion and peppers into the heated oil.Stir well so they all begin to cook.
- Add the paprika and stir in so that it mixes well.
- Continue to fry for around 5 minutes. The bacon should be browning a little and the peppers and onions softening.
- Add the tomatoes plus a little salt and pepper then bring to the boil.
- Pour the hot bacon and tomato mixture into an ovenproof dish. Pile sufficient chips on top to cover well.
- Put into the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes or until the chips are nicely browned.
- Eat and enjoy.
Add some peas, other green vegetables or carrots on the side to make a little more of this. Tastes great straight from the oven though.
This can easily be scaled up to serve more ore people. Multiply the ingredients up for the number of of people who will be eating. Then either make individual pies or one large one to divide for serving.