It is a Chickeny Cauliflower Mac n Cheese because there is no actual chicken in it. It is a vegetarian version that uses chicken-style pieces instead.
Lazy version too because I use a can of Mac n Cheese when it is quite easy to make it from the basic ingredients. I view it as getting dinner ready faster when I have an empty stomach.
Adding some baby carrots was a good choice. More flavour to the overall dish and a little extra colour.
- 400g/14oz can Macaroni Cheese
- Handful of Chicken-style pieces
- 4 large Cauliflower florets
- Handful of Carrots
- Setup the steamer with enough water to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Put the chicken-style pieces into the bottom steamer basket.
- Put the cauliflower and carrots into the second basket then set on top of the first.
- Empty the can of macaroni cheese into a bowl that will fit into the third basket. Cover the bowl then set on top.
- Put the cover on the steamer then cook for 30 minutes.
- Tricky part because things are the wrong way around for serving. Carefully remove the baskets from the steamer as set them on a heatproof mat. If space is available then they can just be placed alongside each other. If not then stack with the macaroni at the bottom followed by the vegetables and then the chicken-style pieces.
- Take two serving plates and divide the chicken-style pieces between them.
- Add on the cauliflower and carrots.
- Spoon on the macaroni cheese. Be sure to spoon some of the cheese sauce over the cauliflower.
- Serve with salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.
Chicken can be used if you prefer a non-vegetarian meal. It will cook equally well in the steamer. Also, try something other than carrot. Brussels sprouts or green beans give a different colour to the meal.