One for the steamer with this Chicken Sweet n Sour. Perhaps different from what you may expect from the conventional way a sweet n sour would be served. I can assure you that it was tested and tasted good.
Just add green beans, broccoli, onion and potato alongside the chicken then top with the sweet n sour sauce to make a great meal.
As a word of caution, it is a little messy to eat so be sure to have the napkins to hand.
A slightly messy Chicken Sweet n Sour but very tasty too. Perhaps unconventional in the serving style but we have always been ones to make our own rules.
- 4 frozen Chicken legs
- 2 small Brown Onions
- 8-10 small Potatoes
- 1 jar Sweet n Sour Sauce
- Green Beans
- Set the steamer up so it is good to go for 40 minutes.
- Peel then halve the onions and put in the lower steamer basket.
- Check the potatoes for imperfections and cut any away. Then cut into bite size pieces and put beside the onions.
- Next add the chicken legs and everything is done for layer 1.
- Pour the Sweet n Sour Sauce into something that will fit the second layer of the steamer and cover.
- Set to cook for around 20 minutes.
- Put the broccoli and green beans into the third steamer basket then set that on the top after the initial 20 minutes is up.
- Continue to took for a further 10 minutes so that everything is fully cooked.
- Carefully remove from the steamer and divide between two serving plates
- Eat and enjoy
Use the first 20 minutes of cooking time to had boil some eggs in the the top basket. The heat is there so they will cook and it means food is ready for the next day or two.