Time for a quick lunch with some chicken and cheese on wholemeal bread.
Mustard and mayonnaise add to the flavour of this open sandwich. Just the choice of mustard variety will make a big difference to the end result.
Then choose exactly what chicken and cheese to use. The possibilities are great with never have the same creation twice. We do like to experiment with food.
Simple to make so give it a try and enjoy lunch.
- 1 slice wholemeal bread
- 2 slices chicken roll
- 1 slice cheese
- ½-1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- mustard of your choice
- (Optional) Butter or similar spread
- Put the bread on a suitably sized plate for serving.
- If using then spread with butter or an alternative of choice.
- Add mayonnaise to thinly coat the bread. Sprinkle on some pepper to taste.
- Add on the slices of chicken roll. Sprinkle on a little salt.
- Spread on some mustard. Yellow variety in the picture but the choice is yours.
- Add on the slice of cheese.
- Lunch is ready so eat and enjoy. Cut into halves or quarters for finger food. I keep the slice then use a knife and fork.
This simple lunch can take on many different tastes. Vary any one of the ingredients to come up with a different result. Either choose a favourite or have something a little different every time.