For a slight change to my eating then this idea of Cheesy Fish n Chips was something that came to mind.
Now doing fish or chips properly is quite difficult. Try to find a decent chippy these days to understand that. I can think of a few that are passable but most are basically rubbish.
Now my version is something of a cheat because it is cooked in the oven from frozen. The end result is some good fish n chips though.
Cheese sauce poured over makes it a little different to the normal way of serving.
The great British meal of Fish n Chips done with a slight difference.
Add cheese sauce for a different flavour that does work very well.
- 4 frozen White Fish in Batter
- 500g/1lb frozen Chips
- 25-30 small Brussels Sprouts
- 500ml/1pt Cheese Sauce
- Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6
- Put the fish fillets onto a baking tray.
- Do the same with the chips.
- Put the fish at the top of the hot oven and the chips just below. Leave to cook for about 15 minutes.
- Carefully take the fish from the oven and turn with a spatula. It makes sure that both sides end up evenly cooked.
- Give the chips a good stir around so that they too get cooked on all sides.
- Get the veggies cooking while the fish and chips spend some more time in the oven.
- Make up the cheese sauce to top it all off. Quite easy to make from scratch or just use a mix.
- Get the fish and the chips from the oven and put onto serving plates.
- Add the veggies to the plate then pour on the cheese sauce.
- Eat and enjoy.
Add some parsley to cheese sauce for a slightly different flavour.