A variation on the standard Baked Beans on Toast. This version adds in Cheese Spread, Grated Black Pepper and Grated Chilli Flakes. Slightly spicier than regular Beans on Toast but still very easy to prepare. Cheesy Baked Beans on Toast makes a great lunch or light meal that is ready in minutes.
- 8 slices of bread, preferably Wholemeal
- 2 400g/14oz tins baked beans
- 150g/6oz cheese spread
- ground black pepper
- grated chilli flakes
- ground sea salt
- Empty the cans of baked beans into a medium-sized pan. Set over a low to medium heat on the hob and allow to cook through. Stir regularly to prevent them from sticking to the pan.
- Toast the bread using either a toaster or grill/broiler. Toaster is easier because it does both sides of the bread at once. Pile onto a plate until all slices are toasted.
- Once all the bread is toasted, take each slice and coat thickly with cheese spread. Grate black pepper over the cheese spread then use a knife to spread it evenly over the slices. You should by now have something that looks like this.
- Take 4 serving plates and place one slice of toast in the middle of each.
- Divide the hot baked beans evenly between each plate. Pile onto the central piece of toast
- Cut the remaining 4 slices of cheesy toast on the diagonal then add two pieces to each plate.
- Grate chilli flakes onto the beans and then serve immediately.
I usually find when eating this that there is one half slice of toast left after eating all the baked beans. That then gets eaten as finger food and also used to clean the tomato sauce that remains on the plate from the beans.