A delightful and lighter version of a heavier style cheesecake recipe. Truly to be enjoyed by all!
- 2 ounces butter
- 25 graham crackers, crumbled
- 1⁄2 pound cream cheese
- 1⁄2 pound cottage cheese
- 12 fluid ounces heavy sour cream
- 4 large eggs separated
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar/caster sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Melt the butter and add the cracker crumbs. Reserve 1 Tablespoon of the crumbs.
- Line a buttered baking dish with crumbs.
- In a mixing bowl, blend both cheeses together then add the sour cream. Mix well.
- Add the egg yolks, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Beat the egg whites stiffly and then fold them into the cheese mixture.
- Turn into a greased baking dish and sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the top of the mixture.
- Bake 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 for 35-40 minutes. Cool before serving.