Cheese Sandwich Paste is a fun way to make and eat your own special blend of cheese… even the kids will love this!
- 2 cups/450g grated cheese (your choice)
- ½ cup/250ml whole milk
- 2 well-beaten eggs
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- dash cayenne pepper (to taste)
- dash pepper
- In a saucepan on low heat, beat the eggs and the milk together. Add the grated cheese and continue to heat, stirring well.
- Add the mustard, salt, pepper, cayenne and butter to the cheese/egg mixture. Cook until the eggs are set.
- Remove from the heat. Set the saucepan in cold water and beat until thick and smooth.
- A tasty addition to the mixture can be chopped red and green peppers. Refrigerate and use as needed as a sandwich spread or even as a baked potato topping. MMMMM 🙂