Raiding the fridge to make a quick dinner led to this Cheese Omelette with Tomato and Green Beans. Use virtually any cheese with it to achieve your preferred flavour.
A few chilli flakes make for a spicier omelette but can be omitted if preferred. Perhaps best served with a salad as a dinner but works as is.
Halve the omelette then serve with beans in a sauce plus Confetti Coleslaw to give a meal for two.
- 2 large free range or organic eggs
- cheese such as Leerdammer, Jarlsberg or Jong Gouda
- 2-4 cherry tomatoes
- ½ small brown onion
- 2 tablespoons peas
- 2 tablespoons green beans
- (Optional)chilli flakes
- sea salt salt
- ground black pepper
- Beat the eggs in a cup or bowl until an even yellow. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Thinly slice some of your chosen cheese and set aside too.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan over a medium heat.
- Once heated, add the onions into the pan and stir well to coat with the oil. Fry for a couple of minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the peas and green beans to the pan and mix well.
- Quarter or halve the tomatoes according to size. Add to the pan along with the garlic and chilli flakes (if using). Stir well to mix and continue frying for a moment.
- Pour the egg into the fry pan and swirl to evenly spread.
- Use a spatula to loosen the omelette edges then swirl the pan to get uncooked egg from the centre.
- Once the omelette has begun to set then layer on the cheese. Keep things moving otherwise it will stick the pan.
- The omelette is ready when the eggs are set and the cheese is melting. Optionally, put the fry pan under a hot grill for a few minutes to brown the cheese.
- Serve and enjoy