I ate this Cheese, Egg and Tomato Sandwich just as shown though it meant using a knife and fork. Others may prefer to put a second slice of bread on top then cut in half to eat that way.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 or 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 1 hard boiled egg
- 1 medium size tomato
- Butter or other spread
- Butter the bread using your choice of spread. Put both slices with buttered side up onto a large plate.
- Place a slice of cheese onto one of the pieces of bread.
- Shell then slice the egg and place the full slices on top of the cheese.
- A sharp knife to cut the tomato then those slices go on the top.
- You have the rounded end pieces of both tomato and egg at this point. I normally just eat them as I am slicing but they can be put on the plate to be eaten alongside the sandwich.
- Sprinkle on some salt and pepper according to your taste.
- If making an open sandwich with just one slice of bread then lunch is now ready. Just need to grab a knife and fork to eat it with. For a closed sandwich then the finishing touch is to cover one bread slice with the other then cut in half to eat.
- Either way makes a great lunch so enjoy
Smear the bread with mustard, mayonnaise or salad cream for added flavour.
For a fuller meal, serve the open version with some mixed salad or coleslaw