A great way to use up left over mashed potatoes. These cheese cutlets are very simple and delicious to eat and the addition of the beans makes a great protein source too!
- 1 cup grated cheese – use a flavorful cheese
- 1 can pink beans, drained (or beans of your choice)
- 11⁄2 cups mashed potatoes
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Mash the beans (or for a change, you can leave them as is). Add the rest of the ingredients to the beans and mix well.
- Season with the salt and pepper according to your liking.
- Shape the mixture into “cutlets”, approximately 1⁄2 inch thick. Fry in a small amount of oil until golden brown on each side.
- Serve with tomato sauce or horseradish sauce.