Crispy, crunchy, slightly spicy and delicious! Not only will they melt in your mouth, but will be the tastiest ones you will ever find! Enjoy!
- 4 ounces all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- a pinch of cayenne pepper or to taste
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, butter, cheese, salt, egg yolk and cayenne until it resembles a paste.
- Roll out on a floured board until it is about 4 or 5 inches long and approximately 1/16 inch thick.
- Cut into strips about a third of an inch wide.
- Twist them as you would a paper spill (grab both ends and twist in opposite directions) and lay them on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven ONLY until they are crisp. Make sure they do NOT brown.
- Perfect as an accompaniment for any dish.
- Store in an air-tight tin for long-term storage… but chances are they will never last that long without being gobbled up.