I almost always have a supply of hard boiled eggs stashed away in the fridge. That means that this Carrot Egg Pitta is a really easy choice to make for lunch. It tastes delicious and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
I used salad cream as added flavour on this occasion. Mixing the grated carrot with either lemon juice or vinaigrette would be another option that would taste equally good. Nuts could also be mixed with the carrot if that is to your taste. Adds to the flavour but complicates the preparation.
So simple to make that it hardly needs a recipe. Here is one for completeness.
This Carrot Egg Pitta is a very easy call for a quick and easy lunch. It is very quick to prepare yet ends up with a delicious taste.
- 1 Pitta bread
- 1 hard boiled Egg
- 1 small Carrot
- 1 Tbsp Salad Cream
- Put the pitta bread in the toaster and cook until beginning to brown. Turn a couple of times so the whole thing cooks evenly.
- Shell the egg then slice thickly.
- Chop the bottom end from the carrot then coarsely grate up to the top. Discard the top and bottom pieces.
- Split the pitta open lengthwise to form a pocket.
- Put half the grated carrot into the bottom.
- Add the egg on top of the carrot then sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- Top with the remaining carrot followed by the salad cream.
- Eat and enjoy.
For variety then try this with Red Pickled Eggs. Hard Boiled Eggs pickled with beetroot to add colour and flavour to the finished pitta.