Shortbread by any other name is still shortbread! Buttery, easy, yummy… does it get any better than this?
- ½ cup (4 oz) of granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 2 cups (16 oz) all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter, softened or melted
- Place into the bowl of a mixer the flour and sugar. Turn on the mixer and add the butter.
- Mix well. Roll the dough out into ¼inch thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes and place on cookie sheet. Reroll any leftovers and make more cookies.
- Bake at 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven for 10-12 minutes. Do not let the cookies brown.