Burger, Chips and Baked Beans was a common meal when I was a kid. This version uses the oven rather than frying but still produces a great meal. The burgers were smaller when I was a kid too so we might have got two of them. Just add Brown Sauce to get an authentic English flavour.
- 1 Quarter Pounder Burger
- A handful of Potato Chips or Steak Fries
- ⅓ a 400g can of Baked Beans
- Brown Sauce
- Lightly oil an ovenproof dish.
- Put in the Burger and the Chips or Steak Fries.
- Bake in an oven at 200°C/400°400F/Gas Mark 6 for around 30 minutes.
- When the burger and chips are almost cooked, put the beans into a pan and heat on the hob. Stir to be sure that they do not burn.
- Carefully take the burger and chips from the oven and put onto a serving plate.
- Add the baked beans to the plate.
- Serve with some salt and some brown sauce.
The picture shows me going a little overboard with the brown sauce because I love the stuff. You may want to use a little less. Well until you get used to it at least!