Strictly speaking, this is not Brocciflower Cheese as there is a vegetable with the name. This is a combination of cauliflower and broccoli topped with a cheese sauce and finished with a slice of cheese.
It just so happens that cauliflower and broccoli are quite easy to cook together so I often refer to the combination as brocciflower.
Add some thick cheese sauce on top of the two then top with a little cheese for a light meal that is perfect for lunchtime.
- 125g/4oz Cauliflower florets
- 60g/2oz Broccoli florets
- 125ml/5 fl oz Cheese Sauce
- 1 slice Cheese of choice
- Cut the cauliflower and broccoli into reasonable size florets. It’s your choice on the actual size.
- Put the prepared cauliflower and broccoli into a pressure cooker.
- Set the PC over a high heat and raise the pressure. Usually that means that the weight starts dancing but be aware of how your own model works.
- Reduce the heat and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cheese sauce. I get lazy here and use the granules from the supermarket that just need boiling water adding. Far from perfect but it does provide an acceptable cheese sauce.
- Reduce the pressure in the PC so that it is safe to open.
- Take out the cauliflower and broccoli. Put onto a serving plate.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the vegetables.
- Add the cheese slice then microwave or grill for 30 seconds to melt.
- Serve and enjoy.
Add to this dish by including mushrooms or onions. Include a few button mushrooms, peel and quarter a small onion or do both.
Bit of bread on the side to mop up the excess sauce never does any harm either,