You are going to have to imagine the result for this one because I never took a picture of the final result.
Certainly a Breakfast Baked Potato makes a change from the regular breakfast. Almost a traditional English Breakfast with the sausage, bacon, egg, baked beans, mushrooms and tomato. All st on top of a crispy baked potato.
Maybe a little too much for breakfast so just set aside for later in the day. Eat as a full meal as your day is winding down. Either way it is something to enjoy and serves the purpose of filling the stomach.
perhaps more than an actual breakfast as it is almost a meal in its own right. This Breakfast Baked Potato will certainly fill your stomach so do go ahead and take a look.
- 4 potatoes around 4"/10cm in length. Weight around 900g/2lb
- 4 large sausages
- 4 rashers bacon
- 4 large free range eggs
- 400g/14oz tin Baked Beans
- 125g/4oz small Button Mushrooms
- 4 large tomatoes, halved
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp Oil
- When using as Breakfast then it is best that the potatoes have been cooked the night before. Cook them while something else is in the oven to save on energy costs. If making from scratch then either put the potatoes into a hot oven to bake or cook in the microwave. Personally, I would microwave if preparing for breakfast because it takes much less time.
- Put the sausages under a pre-heated grill (broiler) and start to cook to an even brown.Turn occasionally so that they brown evenly.
- Add the bacon to the grill pan and allow to develop some colour. Turn the rashers so that they fry evenly.
- Add the tomato and the mushroom onto the grill pan and continue to cook.Keep turning the sausages and bacon so that they do not burn. Both the sausages and the bacon can be cooked to your preference. I like a fairly light cook but others prefer something crispier. The choice is yours.
- While everything is under the grill then heat the baked beans. Easiest way is to empty the can into a microwaveable bowl then heat for about 3 minutes. Also an easy time to re-heat the potatoes if using ones previously cooked because they can go into the microwave at the same time as the beans.
- Set the oil to heat in a large fry pan.
- While it heats then begin to assemble the meal. Start by slicing the potato open lengthwise.Set each onto a suitable serving plate,
- Slice the sausages lengthwise then put one into the middle of each baked potato
- Add a rasher of bacon on top then spoon on the baked beans, dividing them equally between each plate.
- Put the grilled tomato and mushrooms onto the side of each of the plates.
- Crack the eggs into the hot oil and fry until cooked. Then spoon them from the pan and place one on top of each already stuffed baked potato.
- Add some brown sauce or tomato ketchup to finish off your Baked Potato Breakfast. A little salt and pepper too if that appeals.