Perhaps unconventional yet this Bockwurst Curry did turn into a very good meal. Combining German sausage with the typical British meat and three vegetables as a base. Then add on an Indian-style curry sauce for a global flavour combination.
Try it and see. You are very likely to enjoy.
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 8-12 Bockwurst, depending on appetites
- 900g/2lb scrubbed Potato
- 1 450g/15oz jar of curry sauce
- 900g/2lb small Potatoes
- 250g/½lb Peas
- 250g/½lb Sweetcorn
- Scrub and halve the potatoes then place in the lowest level of a steamer.
- Add the peas and sweetcorn to the second level of the steamer. Mix well.
- Cover the steamer and set to cook for 20-30 minutes. Check after 15 because the peas and sweet corn may be done at this point. Remove if they are and continue to cook the potato until tender.
- Heat a teaspoon or 2 of oil in a large frypan over a medium heat. Add the bockwurst and fry for 5-10 minutes turning occasionally.
- Heat the curry sauce until just short of boiling. Stir frequently to ensure that it doesnt stick to the pan.
- Divide the bockwurst between 4 serving plates then do the same with the potatoes and vegetables
- Either spoon curry sauce onto each plate or place in a bowl to serve at the table. All is now ready to serve with the finished meal looking like this.
- Enjoy dinner!