Blueberry Tea Cake is awesome to enjoy as a breakfast, lunch or dinner treat… especially for the blueberry lover in all of us.
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 2 eggs separated
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1½ cups blueberries
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until well-blended.
- Beat the egg yolks and add to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Add the flour alternately with the milk.
- Stiffly beat the egg whites and fold them into the batter.
- Butter and flour a 9″x13″ baking pan. Pour half of the batter into the pan then cover with the blueberries. Cover that with the remaining batter.
- Bake in a 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven for 35 minutes or until done.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm and cut into 2-inch squares.