Barbecue Sauce is a delicious addition to meats, either to pour over the cooked meat to enjoy the tangy flavor or to grill with it over the open fire. The combination of the ingredients increases in flavor the longer it is cooking.
No matter which way you make it, this sauce is very Tasty! May be doubled or tripled easily.
Yield: 1½ cups
- 1 medium onion
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- ½ cup water
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- Cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan, brown the onion in butter.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer 30 minutes or longer if you prefer.
- This BBQ sauce will get thicker the longer it simmers.
Alternatively, you can put all the ingredients into a slow cooker and turn the dial to low for 12 hours.