Everyone has heard of Devil’s Food Cake, now taste the sensation of Banana Devil’s Food Cake. The combination of delicious chocolate along with the sensational bananas creates a mouth-watering confection that will make you eagerly looking for that second piece.
|Cooking Time||45 minutes|
|Oven Temperature||350°F/180°C/Gas 4.|
|US MEASURE||INGREDIENTS||METRIC MEASURE|
|2 cups||cake flour||220g|
|½ tsp||baking soda||2.5mL|
|2 tsps||baking powder||10mL|
|½ cup||shortening or butter||95g|
|¾ cup||buttermilk or sour milk||180mL|
|½ cup||brown sugar||90g|
|2 large||eggs||2 large|
|3 large||bananas, mashed||3 large|
|2||unsweetened chocolate blocks, melted||2|
- Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Cream shortening, two tablespoons buttermilk/sour milk and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs – one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the banana mash and the melted chocolate.
- Combine remaining milk and vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture.
- Beat well.
- Pour into a prepared (greased and floured) 9″ x 13″ cake pan.
- Bake in a 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven for 45 minutes.
- Frost with caramel icing
- Add toasted coconut to the caramel icing for a new change of pace.
Recipe courtesy Cynthia Fertal