Baking Powder Biscuits become light and fluffy and absolutely delicious to eat. You will be amazed by the very short amount of time it takes to make them.
Yield: 12 biscuits
- 2 cups all-purpose flour/plain flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Rub the butter in with your fingertips to thoroughly mix into the flour.
- Add milk slowly and mix to a soft dough.
- Roll out on a slightly floured board to 1⁄2 inch thickness
- Cut with a biscuit cutter.
- Bake in a preheated 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6 oven for 10 – 15 minutes.