Time to cook up some Bacon and Sauted Potato from what is in there.
Add in some minty peas and lunch will soon be ready to eat. Just add in some brown sauce for perfection.
- 2 rashers bacon, smoked or unsmoked
- Cooked potatoes to suit appetite
- A handful of peas
- A handful of garden peas
- Put the peas int a microwaveable bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water plus mint to taste. Stir so that the peas become evenly coated. Then cover and set to one side.
- Put the bacon rashers into a large frying pan and set over a high heat. There is no need to pre-heat the pan or add any oil.
- While the bacon begins to cook, slice the potatoes quite thickly.
- By now, the bacon should be frying well and have produced sufficient fat to saute the potatoes. Add them to the pan and stir well so that they become coated.
- Turn both bacon and potatoes occasionally as they cook.
- Once the potato is beginning to turn golden then put the covered bowl of peas into the microwave. Cook until piping hot, 1-2 minutes depending on the machine.
- Arrange on a plate then serve with brown sauce.
Using the fat from the cooking bacon adds to the flavour of the saute potatoes. However, cooking both in the same pan means that this does not scale up for multiple diners. Perfect for just one though.