A delicious avocado-tomatillo salsa made with ingredients different from the normal ones but ones that are both natural and raw.
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 ripe medium avocados, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoon diced orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sliced scallions (green onion)
- 4 tomatillos, husked, rinsed and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro/coriander leaf
- 2 Serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine avocados, bell peppers, scallion and half of the tomatillos. Stir to mix.
- In a blender or food processor, place remaining tomatillos. Add garlic, cilantro, chiles and lime juice. Process until mixture is smooth. Drizzle in olive oil and process until well blended.
- Add the puree to the diced vegetables in the bowl and serve.