There is nothing like a beautiful apple turnover to satisfy the sweet tooth in anyone. This recipe is simple, fun and tastes great!
- 1 recipe pastry dough
- 4 apples, peeled and sliced thin
- ½ cup granulated sugar/caster sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons butter, softened
- Roll out the pastry (pie) dough. Cut into rounds about the size of a large saucer.
- On ½ of the round, arrange ¼ of the thinly-sliced apples.
- Mix together the sugar, salt and cinnamon. Liberally sprinkle each pastry round of apples with the mixture. (Make more if needed)
- Dot each with butter.
- Moisten the rim of the pastry with water. Fold over uncovered half of the pastry and press the edges together with a fork. Prick the top. Spray the pastry top with a spritz of water, or you can use an egg wash. Sprinkle sanding sugar on top of the pastry.
- Bake in a 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4 oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the apples are tender.