A favorite among so many people… frequently it is simply called just “Chili”. However the variations on this recipe are so different. Feel free to experiment! That’s what being an Experimental Chef is all about
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 pounds beef (ground)
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 4 onion, sliced
- 2 cups canned or freshly-made stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups canned red kidney beans
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- dash Tabasco or cayenne pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and saute the onions. Brown the ground beef in the same sauce pan until nicely browned.
- Add the tomatoes, beans, celery, salt and pepper. Simmer for at least 1½ hours.
- Add the chili powder and the Tabasco and/or cayenne to taste.
- Simmer an additional 30 minutes or more.
- Serve hot.
- Cubed beef can also be used if you choose. Dice fine and brown as above.